Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My first "real" HDR

My first "real" HDR by fangleman
My first "real" HDR, a photo by fangleman on Flickr.

My first "real" HDR.

It really is best viewed large. Trust me.

Shot from an old shaky tripod. Made from 9 RAW images (see comments below) using Canon 40D with 10-22mm lens, at 10mm. All shots were manually bracketed. Images imported into Photomatix, adjusted, and re-edited in photoshop to give it a nice natural HDR look - or at least as good as I could manage.

Please let me know what you think! I realize it may not be the best composition ever, but I figured it would be a nice HDR challenge to cut my teeth on.

You can see my Lomography Spinner 360 in the window.

I am fairly pleased with the results for a first effort. I learned a lot. Mostly I learned how much I still would need to learn, and how much time and commitment it will take to achieve the level of results that I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment