Thursday, June 30, 2011

This is the end

This is the end by fangleman
This is the end, a photo by fangleman on Flickr.

Beautiful friend.
The end.


It is no more. The tough camera that went everywhere and did everything with me. My constant and reliable photography companion, has passed on.

It shows the scars of my influence. It has proudly displayed the scratches, dents, missing pieces, and lost color. It showed the world the hot pixels it developed, and spoke to anyone who cared to ask, about how it was ready for more adventure.

It showed us all what tough meant, never complaining, never tiring. It dived in the oiceans, and flew in the sky. It braved the snow and fell from places high. It was exactly what it said it was, until the end. Tough. Waterproof. Crushproof. Freezeproof.

We'll miss you.


---------------------------

PHOTO RECIPE:

I placed the Olympus 1030SW into a white plastic container, and poured water onto the caemera. I used on camer flash, because it was there and I had no energy to get a strobe. I shot the on camera flash through a frosty plastic pitcher to diffuse the flash for a few shots, and some I used a white plate as a reflector for fill.

Import raw file into CS5, crop, adjust curves, etc.
The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment