Saturday, July 28, 2012

Cubic power

Cubic power by fangleman
Cubic power, a photo by fangleman on Flickr.

It's a small motor compared to the American big blocks form the big 3 that motivated many muscle cars and trucks. However, just as the AMG supercharged 3.2 liter V6 I previously had, this 6.2 liter AMG motor runs better than any big block factory engine Chevy, Ford, or Chrysler ever put out. I love those old motors, but these new ones are truly fantastic!

It soesn't look like it, but the front is so low that I can't find any ramps that won't bottom out. So it's time to make my own. Instead of sucking the oil from the top like I normally do, I need to get under the car. The oil cooler holds a quart of oil, and should be drained too. So I will likely suck out the crankcase oil fromt he top, and drain the cooler from the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment