Monday, October 31, 2011

Your Knowledge of Me is Binary. I Am My Own Analog.


Yes, so I still have no internet at home. The feeling of being disconnected is a surprise to me. Of course, there were several things I wanted to accomplish this weekend that required an internet connection. This October snowfall prevented that. It could have been worse...

Here's the Photo Recipe & strobist info:
Strobes set subject left and subject right. Bounced off ceiling, and a bounce card to direct some light to the subject. Ratio of 1:2 for the strobes. Height was about head level on stands. I used a 430 and 580 Canon strobes, fired using ST-E2 IR transmitter. I set the intervalometer to about 15 seconds and let it shoot away. I used AF to allow it to focus on me properly. I set the flash exposure to evaluative and a little hotter, +1 I think.

The image on the iPad was made in the same way, but edited through one of those common filters that many photo editing programs have built-in.

I originally had a different photo on the iPad, but went with this one for this image. I may put up the other ones I created at a later date. One was more Halloween-ish, but I wasn't quite happy with it.

Added to the Weekly Challenge, Self Portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment