Sunday, July 31, 2011

Point of Impact

Point of Impact by fangleman
Point of Impact, a photo by fangleman on Flickr.


I used my Tamron 18-250mm lens for this, I normally wouldn't use this lens for studio shots. In fact I normally don't use this lens at all if I have a choice, and studio shots allow that. Today however I am tired, and maybe getting sick, and this lens was on the camera. I'm in a hurry - which is common because I want to create a photo, and still get to sleep. I have a job in the morning you know...

For my Ruger MK3, I bought this cheap chinese made Tasco spot scope at Walmart on a whim, while awaiting my chance to get .22LR ammo. I was going to buy a better one, but decided I'd try the cheapest one available first and see if it works for me. Can't wait to dial it in and shoot a few hundred rounds.

It will be going back though, as the "paint" is flaking off the knobs already and I've only turned them a few times. I'll trade it for another one and see if that one lasts a few days...

These shots would really be easier with someone else holding the pistol. Guns get heavy after awhile...I took about 15 shots and this one I think hit the target. A little editing and this is the result. I hope you like it.

I focused on the target, though the red dot is actually inside the scope, adn therefore blurry. IT isn't as noticable with the naked eye, but through the camera you can see this well. Focusing somewhere inside the area of the scope produced an image that had no detail at all at the target, as expected.

I wanted to make this in one image, and not multiple images stacked and edited. So the target got the focus.

If you've stayed with me this far, feel free to comment on the image or anything else on your mind.

________________

Check it out biggerr!
________________

No comments:

Post a Comment